By Tim Lasonde, Sr. VP, Managed Services
March 18, 2020 – When it comes to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Focused Managed Services Work from Home task force is your first responder in helping mitigate the business risks associated with the virus. For Focus, COVID-19 is a threat that, like ransomware, requires a well thought out IT approach and systematic response.
The most important thing we encourage all our customers to do is communicate with us through our Helpdesk 877-303-0480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The more up to date Focus is on your business decisions regarding COVID-19, the more helpful we can be implementing technology to support those decisions. Here are seven Focused Managed Services Work from Home task force offerings that can help you keep your business running smoothly:
- Education and configuration for the productivity tools you currently have like Microsoft Teams (free and included with Office 365)
- Implementation of the collaboration tools your organization doesn’t have, such as a potential migration to Microsoft Office. Or in some cases you may have migrated but are not utilizing all the features included in the package
- Training documentation for users on how to use our LogMeIn service and teams
- Assistance configuring web access portals or online storage / filesharing
- Fast installation of additional software or hardware to enable an efficient remote work environment
- Custom solutions to support your workforce. As remote work increases the demand on your Internet connection and bandwidth, both at home and in the office also grows. The capacity of your firewall and networking equipment is also subject to higher utilization which may require an upgrade to handle the excessive load
- Respond to connectivity support calls and help diagnose problems
Every computer that Focus manages for our customers has our management agent installed. That management agent includes a full version of LogMeIn that is accessible via web portal. This means you can access your computer from your home computer without VPN as long as your work computer is connected to the Internet and turned on. Please let us know if you would like help getting this set up for your organization.
Often in a crisis, hackers will use the uncertainty and turmoil to take advantage of you and your business. Focus is actively working very hard to combat these exploits. One of the ways we strengthen our customers environments is by implementing advanced spam and email protection services and installing enhanced endpoint protection over and above the typical antivirus.
Please see the following link for more information: https://www.usnews.com/news/technology/articles/2020-03-16/us-health-department-hit-by-a-cyberattack-bloomberg
Many IT manufacturers have enabled access to their collaboration products for free during the Coronavirus outbreak. Below are links to the most popular collaboration platform offers:
If you need assistance enabling your remote workforce to securely access your technology resources, the Focused Managed Services Work from Home task force is here for you. Please let us know how we can help implement a quick solution.
For more information, contact your Focus account manager or vCIO, call our Helpdesk 877-303-0480 or email email@example.com.