Storage and Compute
The storage industry is rapidly evolving, and waves of change are driving new approaches to storage infrastructure. Storage is becoming standardized, virtualized and automated, leveraging dynamic and agile technologies that enable IT to deliver storage as a service. With our personal service and premier-level partnerships, Focus’ thought leaders apply their broad industry knowledge to the design and implementation of solutions for the most complex storage challenges.
Understanding which storage model meets your company’s specific requirements can be time-consuming. In addition, storage devices have their own lifecycle and eventually become obsolete, so older methodologies must evolve accordingly. Focus can help you navigate the ever-changing storage landscape and find a solution that’s right for your organization.
Custom IT Storage Infrastructure
When it comes to IT, storage infrastructure can take the form of hardware or software components — or often a combination of both. The IT world is increasingly emphasizing cloud storage infrastructure. Cloud storage balances hardware elements, like servers, and software components, like operating systems.
The increasing use of cloud storage represents a shift to a hybrid model for organizations. A cloud infrastructure typically uses end-network hardware. The virtual system pushes the data and files from the client to the vendor end-network and vice versa during data retrieval. The main benefit is that cloud computing helps enterprises to deliver advanced products and services to clients over the internet.
Our Storage Models
General-purpose storage solutions offer multi-protocol file, block and object storage, combining powerful and flexible hardware architectures with advanced management and built-in compression to dramatically reduce upfront storage costs. Systems range from entry-level to high-performance, petabyte-capacity configurations for the most demanding requirements, including virtualized application environments.
The benefits of midrange storage include:
- Maintenance: Medium-sized businesses can have 24/7 support with a dedicated team of Focus Technology professionals. As the business grows, it’s easy to scale vertically.
- Security: Our senior-level engineer experts will defend your data with the highest level of protection.
- Cost: The outsourced model for storage infrastructure offers significant savings, especially for smaller businesses. We have the resources, staff, insurance, security and infrastructure already in place to support your business.
Purpose-built for software-defined data center environments, enterprise storage platforms have a high degree of automation to reduce the total cost of ownership in hybrid cloud environments. Highly scalable from a single core to dozens of systems, they offer a broad choice of drive technologies, including flash, with automatic failover and fault isolation for extremely high reliability.
Key advantages of enterprise storage solutions include:
- Data backup: The storage area network (SAN) infrastructure used for enterprise storage provides peace of mind for data backup. In the event of a shutdown, the SAN provides multiple paths to access the data even when a server fails.
- Scalability: An enterprise storage system can typically scale to 300 gigabytes without a need for cabling or additional subsystems. This process makes it easy to increase your storage options along with the size of your business.
- Hybrid cloud: The hybrid cloud allows data access from any location for remote work. At the same time, organizations can secure their most valuable data on private servers for added protection. This system provides the best of both worlds, especially for companies balancing in-person and remote work.
Scale-out networked-attached storage (NAS) solutions provide both a tiered storage approach for specialized needs, such as big data analytics, and the ability to unify digital workflows into a single, scalable, high performing, shared storage pool. With virtually unlimited room for growth, they scale easily, typically within minutes, and offer high utilization of storage capacity for a true “pay-as-you-grow” approach as business needs dictate.
Some advantages of scale-out NAS solutions include:
- Capacity: Scale-out NAS can support billions of files in a single space free of information silos.
- Performance: The infrastructure provides low latency and high-throughput performance that boosts productivity.
- Management: It’s easy to create a massive namespace in seconds to scale with your data requirements — all in a single interface.
Flash storage is any type of drive, repository or system that uses flash memory to keep data for an extended period of time. Flash storage solutions offer a wide variety of data services, including capacity-saving data reduction through deduplication, thin provisioning, space-efficient snapshots, advanced encryption, delta differential-based replication and industry-leading security features. With All-Flash, you get the speed, agility and scale you need to react to changing markets and customer demands.
All-Flash arrays for data center storage offer several benefits:
- Speed: All-Flash arrays have lightning-fast data-mobility speeds for accessing, sharing and moving data. This speed enhancement can improve your ROI with easier and more convenient data access across your organization.
- Scalability: These arrays are resilient, nonvolatile and rewriteable. They have no moving parts, making them agile and easy to scale.
- Cost: All-Flash arrays are small and low-maintenance, and they require little heat. All of these factors lower costs and boost potential revenue.
Why Choose Focus Technology?
From building custom storage infrastructures from the ground up to meet specific storage solutions to enabling storage as a service, Focus has performed storage upgrades and migrations in all types and sizes of organizations. Focus understands that storage is becoming a commodity, but our approach hasn’t changed: We offer personalized service and support that you can rely on for the life of your data center.
With our knowledge and experience in cloud enablement, virtualization and storage platform development, we can help you take advantage of the benefits of emerging storage models to reduce your storage costs and complexity.