By Denny Dean, CISO, CyberSecurity Practice Director
MARCH 19, 2020 – At Focus Technology, IT security is always top of mind. If you’re implementing telework options, consider these six key recommendations:
- Update VPNs, network infrastructure devices, and devices being used to remote into work environments with the latest software patches and security configurations.
- Alert employees to an expected increase in phishing attempts
- Ensure IT security personnel are prepared to ramp up the following remote access cybersecurity tasks: log review, attack detection, and incident response and recovery
- Implement MFA on all VPN connections to increase security. If MFA is not implemented, require teleworkers to use strong passwords
- Ensure IT security personnel test VPN limitations to prepare for mass usage and, if possible, implement modifications, such as rate limiting, to prioritize users that will require higher bandwidths
- Know who and how to report security incidents, phishing, malware, and other cybersecurity concerns
Need assistance? Contact your Focus account manager or vCIO, call our Helpdesk 877-303-0480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.